The Rules of Play
Please read these rules prior to receiving your competition puzzle.
They will not be reviewed at the event.
- Registration will close at 11:00 am on Saturday, September 24th, 2022.
- All puzzle entries must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Saturday, September 24th, 2022.
- We expect all players to be guided by the Honor System. As in any crossword competition, no reference materials of any kind are allowed.
- You will need a stopwatch or timer of some sort.
- If you need to take a break, be sure to stop your timer until you start play again. If you’re on a team, be sure ALL team members stop and start together.
- Please indicate total time taken for all three puzzles on your entry submission.
- Print your answers legibly. If any letter is not clear, it may be disqualified. (Two minutes will be added for each mistaken letter.)
- All disputes will be decided by our official judge, Adam Perl.
- Teams must work together as a team on one puzzle at a time. Teams may not split up to work concurrently on separate puzzles. Please abide by the Honor System.
- The first individuals and teams to finish all three puzzles perfectly, in the least amount of time, will be declared the winners. (If there are no perfect submissions, two minutes will be added for each mistaken letter.)
- All puzzles are copyrighted and may not be used or reproduced without express written consent.
QUESTIONS? Contact Event Chairperson Gary Weissbrot at info@CrosswordCompetition.com